BBC Worldwide has announced that Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12 will be re-released on Blu-Ray.
For fans of Doctor Who and collectors of Classic Who seasons, the Blu-Ray has limited edition packaging with artwork by Lee Binding and has been restored and up-scaled to HD by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres.
Originally released in 2018, Season 12 sees Tom Baker’s first season as the Doctor, features five stories over 20 episodes, including The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks. The Doctor is accompanied in this season by Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) and Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter) and was first broadcast between December 1974 and May 1975.
The new Blu-Ray release includes existing bonus material from the original DVDs as well as the brand new features below:
- Brand new one hour candid interview – ‘Tom Baker in conversation’
- Behind The Sofa – classic clips from season 12 viewed by Tom Baker, Philip Hinchcliffe, Louise Jameson, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Sadie Miller
- New making-of documentaries for ‘The Sontaran Experiment’ and ‘Revenge of the Cybermen’
- Optional brand new updated special effects for Revenge of the Cybermen
- Genesis of the Daleks – omnibus movie version
- The Tom Baker Years VHS release on disc for the first time
- Production archive material and scripts from the BBC Archives
Doctor Who: The Collection Season 12 is due for a limited re-released on 02nd March 2020 and is available to pre-order on Amazon now.
Doctor Who: Complete Series 12 (Amazon Exclusive) is due for released on March 16th 2020 and is available to order on Amazon now.
Check out our previous Doctor Who content here.