Doctor Who: The Collection’ returns with Season 8, featuring Jon Pertwee as the iconic Time Lord.
The BBC have released a teaser for the new release:
This limited edition box set includes all five serials from season 8 of the classic BBC sci-fi adventure drama starring Jon Pertwee as the legendary Time Lord. In this instalment, the Doctor, assisted by companion Jo Grant (Katy Manning), faces off against a horde of golden-skinned aliens who offer the gift of Axonite to mankind and also takes on an evil force who have emerged from a sealed cavern which has not been open in over 200 years.
Battling Autons, Axons, an alien mind parasite and a mighty Daemon, the Doctor, Jo and UNIT must defend the Earth – and its future pioneers – in five action-packed adventures.
Terror Of The Autons
The Mind Of Evil
The Claws Of Axos
Colony In Space
All 25 episodes have been newly restored for Blu-ray and packed with hours of new and existing bonus material.
Special features include:
- Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Katy Manning, Stewart Bevan, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Sacha Dhawan and Anjli Mohindra.
- In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to companion Katy Manning.
- A Devils Weekend – Actors Katy Manning and John Levene take a personal trip back to the picturesque village of Aldbourne, 50 years after they recorded the Doctor Who story The Daemons there.
- The Direct Route – Doctor Who directors Michael Briant, Graeme Harper and Tim Combe take an epic road trip to all the filming locations from Season 8 as they discuss directing the show in the early 1970s.
- Terrance and Me – Lifelong Doctor Who fan, Frank Skinner sets out to meet the family, friends and colleagues of the late, much-loved writer, Terrance Dicks.
- Blu-Ray trailer – A specially shot mini-episode
- Extended Episode 1 of The Claws of Axos
- 90-minute omnibus edition of The Daemons
- Immersive 5.1 surround sound on Terror of the Autons and The Daemons
- Optional updated special effects and CSO clean-up on Terror of the Autons
- Unseen studio footage
- Rare archive treats
- Convention footage
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files
The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.
And lots more!
The set is due to be released 23rd February 2021 and is now available for pre-order.
A specially shot announcement trailer has debuted on the Doctor Who YouTube channel, written by new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam!) and featuring Katy Manning and Stewart Bevan in Return of the Autons
Doctor Who: The Collection Season 8 is available for pre order on Amazon now!
Check out our other Doctor Who content.