On Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company is hosting Disney+ Day, a global celebration that will come to life across all dimensions of the Company.
Subscribers to Disney+ are being treated to new content releases across the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come. Additionally, the service will continue to engage new audiences around the world, as Disney+ expands into new Asia-Pacific markets on the same day, November 12. See below for the latest annoucement updated live (please keep refreshing page).
Star Wars Obi Wan
The first behind the scenes look at live-action star war series Obi Wan has been released.l exclusively to Disney plus subscribers
The series, which has Ewan McGregor reprising his role as the Jedi Master and Hayden Christensen returning as Darth Vader is set a decade after the events in Revenge of the Sith and all members of the Jedi Order have either been killed or exiled. The series is expected to include a rematch between Obi-Wan and his dark side apprentice.
Disney+ Day also featured content premieres from all of the marquee brands on service, including:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including Frozen Fever, Oscar®-winning shorts Feast and Paperman, Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse! and more
- An animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering.