After a few years away due to Covid19 MCM Comic Con’s spring edition returned to EXCEL London (May 27th-29th 2022). Once again we attended this event as official press thanks to MCM.
As one of the largest and premier pop culture events in the UK it offers attendees a wide range of attractions, opportunities and experiences covering a wide range of interest areas.
Special Guests at this years event included:
- Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts/The Walking Dead)
- Robert Sheenan (The Umbrella Academy)
- Tracy-Ann Oberman (Doctor Who/Friday Night Dinner)
- Ross Marquand (The Walking Dead)
Plus many more guests!
Areas and attractions included:
- Autographs & Photo Ops available to purchase with the special guests.
- Free Promotional Photo Ops/Activations for films including Halo and The Bobs Burgers Movie.
- ‘Cosplay Central’ dedicated cosplay zone including the ‘MCM Championships of Cosplay & Masquerade.
- ‘Pop Asia‘ an area incorporated within MCM London Comic Con offering a fusion of Japanese, Korean & Asian culture.
- ‘The Treehouse’ family orientated activity area.
- ‘Side Quest’ gaming area including modern & retro gaming, arcade games & board games for all to play.
- ‘Artist Alley presented by Comixology’ a dedicated comic book area featuring special guest writers, artists and small press.
- ‘Authors Corner‘ featuring many authors attending over the weekend panels with panels & signings taking place.And much more!
Check out our full gallery of images from the Show below:
Overall Con Experience
Being one of the UK’s largest events the entrance queue was quite long but we found this to be very well managed as the queue was in sections of Bag Search, Ticket Check and Wrist Band Issue/Entry. The venue also offers a central mall area with Cafe’s, toilets and cash machines/cloakroom facilities as well as offering seating areas. In addition to this there was also a food truck style catering area offering many enticing options for attendee’s. The photo op, autograph and main stage areas were also well managed.
Given it was one of the first event back since Covid the Sunday seemed to be busier than normal with a stream of attendees throughout the day.
What really stood out for us about this event was the amount of activities available beyond autographs and photo ops; many of which were free such as the panels and promotional photo ops for upcoming films. And the range of fandoms and interest groups that event caters for is quite incredible; it is possibly the closest event we have in the UK to San Diego Comic
We thoroughly enjoyed our con experience and hope to come back again!